Jurassic Park is a popular game from Microgaming that inspired from the movie with the same name. It is 5 reels and 243 ways video slot. With the whole setting, sounds, music and the symbols design are well done and either remind strongly of the movie or is content taken outright from it.
The slots follows the recipe of many other Microgaming games, with 5 reels and 243 pay lines (ways). You can adjust the coin size from 0.01 to 0.05. Since that is the range that the majority of online casinos offer. And the bet level from 1 to 10. Therefore, effectively setting the bet from €/£/$0.3 to €/£/$15 (or the equivalent for other currencies). Which is a bet amount that will satisfy most players.
You will notice a label "Expert" at the bottom of the game screen. That if you like to enable the auto play feature then click it. Afterwards a button AUTOPLAY will appear. And you can set the number of spins or even stop only after a featured won. Especially important, in any case the auto play will stop on feature trigger.
The Jurassic Park logo acts as the Wild Symbol and substitutes all symbols except the scatter. Where the scatter is the amber fossil. And if three or more appear after a spin then it will trigger the Free Spins feature.
Bonuses & Special Features
Jurassic Park contains total five different free spins bonuses. You will have the option to select the desired one after trigger the bonus 25 times (on the specific casino always). Otherwise the game will select one randomly. The number of free spins is 12 for all features.
First Free Spins feature is Tyrannosaurus Rex. T-Rex may appear during the feature and turn up to 5 reels wild. The Tyrannosaurus Rex symbol is stacked on all reels.
The Velociraptor feature awards either multiplier wild or split wild. And it may activate randomly on a free spin. The split wild can result to 6 of a kind winning combination and it pays double the normal 5 of a kind. As for the multipliers, it features either 4x, 5x or 6x wilds. Finally, the Velociraptor symbol is stacked on all reels.
The Brachiosaurus feature adds a mystery multiplier for all free spins. That can be 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x or 6x and it may change it at any time before a free spin. That is the only feature than can re-trigger. The Brachiosaurus symbol is stacked on all reels, in addition.
The Triceratops feature is running wilds and on each spin the wild stack grows by one wild per reel. Therefore the potential for big wins is on the later spins. If one or more wild stack appear on a spin and it doesn't result to a win then it will hold and expand if it's partial and re-spin once. The Triceratops symbol is stacked on all reels.
The final feature is the Dilophosaurus. It may add a winning wild randomly on any spin. If it contribute to any win then it will held for the next spin and so on. As is the case with the other features, the Dilophosaurus symbol is stacked on all reels.
Finally, one extra feature called "T-REX ALERT" activates randomly during the base game. It will add 35 extra wilds on the reels and stay active for 6 spins.
The art is impressive, they use parallax scrolling effect and sounds from the film. Also clips from the film after a winning combination with the characters.
Jurassic Park is a high variance game. Hence many Free Spins features will not pay a lot, although it triggers quite often. And there is chance to win big from the base game as well. The test favored the Velociraptor feature with an average win of 48 times the stake.
- Average Free Spins Frequency: 147
- Min Trex Free Spins Payout: 4 x stake
- Max Trex Free Spins Payout: 197 x stake
- Average Trex Free Spins Payout: 29 x stake
- Min Velociraptor Free Spins Payout: 5 x stake
- Max Velociraptor Free Spins Payout: 191 x stake
- Average Velociraptor Free Spins Payout: 48 x stake
- Min Brachiosaurus Free Spins Payout: 7 x stake
- Max Brachiosaurus Free Spins Payout: 76 x stake
- Average Brachiosaurus Free Spins Payout: 33 x stake
- Min Triceratops Free Spins Payout: 7 x stake
- Max Triceratops Free Spins Payout: 120 x stake
- Average Triceratops Free Spins Payout: 35 x stake
- Min Dilophosaurus Free Spins Payout: 3 x stake
- Max Dilophosaurus Free Spins Payout: 89 x stake
- Average Dilophosaurus Free Spins Payout: 18 x stake
- Shortest Period between Free Spins: 13
- Longest period without Free Spins: 518
- In any case quit if your balance increase 80 times the bet amount.
- If you don't trigger a feature in 190 spins quit and try again later.
- If you trigger a feature then play 60 additional spins. If you don't trigger the feature in succession quit and try later.
- While the features are not rare, you should be aware that there is a chance to run for 500 spins or more without.
- After a successful session leave the game and cash out the money.
In conclusion, Jurassic Park is a medium to high variance game. With great potential but also very dangerous for your bankroll if you don't realize when to stop. The game play is enjoyable and the graphics along with the sound superb.
- Sounds and visuals from the movie
- A large number of special features
- Can win big on the base game too
- Many times the payout is poor